The Putnam Program Online Learning
This program has been developed over the past four years to bring you easy access to study options through
Putnam Fine Art Studio.
It's been a long time coming, but we think you will find just what you need.
Lori understands what it takes to go from zero to a hundred as quickly as possible. But she also understands that time, dedication, and coaching are necessary to attain higher levels of mastery. No matter where you are in your artistic development, you will get the best, straightforward help through Putnam Fine Art Studio. Whether you are ready to make a long-term commitment, or just need a little help now and then, we are ready to help. Both options give you access to Lori's full attention, and can be scheduled to fit a flexible schedule. Best of all, no matter what you choose, you will build a relationship that will last a lifetime.
Please select from our menu below to design the perfect learning environment to fit your individual needs.
Complete, Six-Month, Online Mentoring Program
This complete online mentoring program is directed at intermediate to advanced artists who are ready to take their work to a whole new level as well as those who seek career advice and guidance. All mediums welcome.
What is Included:
- Review of Work—Monthly sessions allows you to submit up to two pieces each month for Lori's review. These pieces will be submitted in advance of scheduled appointments. Work does not have to have been completed during the mentoring program.
- Private Appointments*—You will book a private appointment via our easy, online scheduling service. During this appointment you will have the opportunity to see on-screen edits of your submitted pieces, and engage live, face-to-face with Lori.
- Address Other Questions—You are also encouraged to ask other questions which may not directly be related to the review. This is dedicated time, set aside for you to gain the resources needed for growth and mastery, and to discuss other topics including career advice.
- Personal Recording—Each session will be recorded and made available to you for private download. More than six hours of our personal, private recordings will be yours to watch over and over again.
- Individual Challenges—Specific challenges to fit your personal goals will be included each month. Unlike assignments, challenges are meant to help you explore your strengths and identify your weaknesses. You will enjoy the flexibility to work through these on your own schedule.
- One-to-One Relationship—Something that we have lost over time is the special, personal relationship between student and mentor. This program is a modern take on a classic approach on a path to artistic progression.
- Flexible Schedule—The online aspect of the program means you can work at your own pace and avoid costly travel and lodging expenses associated with group workshops. The only restriction is that your 6-month program must be completed within the months for which you are entered.
- Optional, Private Online Atelier**—Once you book a service, you will automatically be invited to join. The Putnam Online Atelier is only for those in any of the Putnam Programs. While this is totally optional, you are encouraged to join to enjoy discussions, share insights, and be inspired by others who are in the program. Through the Putnam Online Atelier, you will also be given exclusive access to private video lessons without an added charge! (The regular fee for accessing videos without participation in the program ranges between $25–$150 depending on length and complexity. You can access the videos at anytime simply by being part of the Putnam Online Atelier.) Currently there are about a half-dozen videos available with more being added each month.Other perks of this private online group include group challenges, live demonstrations, and more.
How to Apply:
Only 10 artists will be chosen for each, six-month-long program. Due to the expected high volume of applicants, a $35 application fee is required to cover administrative costs.*** (NOTE: If you are currently enrolled in the Program and wish to continue, no additional application fee is required. However, you must express your intentions to continue by emailing email@example.com, or by discussing it during one of your Private Appointments. Current enrollment does not guarantee your space in future sessions).
2. Prepare to answer a few questions about yourself, your work, and your goals. The application form should take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
3. Select which Program dates you prefer and click the Apply Now button below. You will have a chance to select if you have no preference of dates on your application form.
Summer/Fall Program Dates July – Dec, 2019
Applications accepted March 1 – May 20, 2019.
Notification June 10, 2019.
Winter/Spring Program Dates Jan – June, 2019
Applications accepted Oct. 1 – Dec. 20, 2018.
Notification Dec. 30, 2018.
4. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list.
What Does it Cost?
The cost for complete six-month program is $2900. You will not be billed until after you are accepted into the program. Upon acceptance, your $35 application fee*** will be applied to the program cost.
Optional, convenient monthly payments are available with an added, small, administrative processing fee.
What happens if I am Accepted?
You will receive notification of acceptance by email (you must be subscribed to Lori's email list.) This email will provide a link for payment. Following receipt of payment, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to schedule your appointment, upload images, and how to connect to your private meeting online using the free Zoom* application.
*Computer or mobile device and internet connection required for this portion of the service.
**Facebook account required to be part of the Private Online Atelier.
***In the event that you are not selected for the Program, Lori will email you suggestions on how to increase your chances in the future. This invaluable information alone is worth much more than your initial $35 application fee.
"Working with Lori in her Mentoring Program has been amazing and is pushing me to new heights in my painting. I feel like I am really moving forward in both skill and mindset. I am taking risks and understanding color and value like never before. She is also guiding me as I shift my career into being a full-time painter. I am so blessed to be working with such a nurturing and talented artist whom I respect and admire."
The following options may be booked as one-time services. These services also include membership in our Private Online Atelier**. Once you book a service, you will automatically be invited to join. The Putnam Online Atelier is only for those in any of the Putnam Programs. While this is totally optional, you are encouraged to join to enjoy discussions, share insights, and be inspired by others who are in the program. Through the Putnam Online Atelier, you will also be given exclusive access to private video lessons without an added charge! (The regular fee for accessing videos without participation in the program ranges between $25–$150 depending on length and complexity. You can access the videos at anytime simply by being part of the Putnam Online Atelier.) Currently there are about a half-dozen videos available with more being added each month.Other perks of this private online group include group challenges, live demonstrations, and more.
NEW! Nitty-Gritty Subscription Service
Subscribe to an ever-growing list of quick-tip, how-to, and on-the-spot videos and Online Learning. These are homespun videos (meaning they are not professionally produced) with a comfortably candid message. That's great news for you. It means I can tackle some nitty-gritty topics and release them to you quickly and at a very reasonable cost.
Recent video topics in the library include varnishing, glazing, value and color, quick fixes, and a full-length plein air to studio demonstration. Ranging from 5 minutes to 2 hours in length, 2-4 videos are added each month. Subscribe now for $4.99 a month or one annual payment of $49.00 (that's two months free!). You can cancel your subscription at any time.
As a subscriber, you will be able to watch these videos over and over again. You will also gain exclusive access to Lori's private, Online Learning Atelier* where you can be part of a community of others learning and growing from Lori, sharing ideas, trials, and triumphs.
Watch the trailer below for one of the latest quick videos included in your service.
Terms of Service:I understand that I may cancel my subscription at any time. Any unused portion of my subscription payment will not be refunded.
*Added perk for Annual Subscribers: Annual subscribers remain in the online atelier even if they cancel their subscription after one year. Monthly subscribers will be removed from the online atelier if they cancel their subscription. Anyone who cancels will immediately lose access to uploaded videos.
Get two months free by subscribing annually!
Online Painting Critique and
Follow-up via Email—
Lori will review, critique, and digitally edit your work, then return it to you via email. Through this process, you will begin to learn better methods for self-critique and start creating stronger paintings. $75 for one image or $125 for two images. Click the box below to submit your request for a personal critique. You will be on your way to greater paintings sooner than you think.
Career Advice and Consultation via Phone—
Do you feel like you are lost in a sea of other great artists? Are you wondering what your most logical next steps are to advance your career? Maybe you need advice on keeping up with your business. Save up your questions and feel free to ask as many as you would like in this private phone discussion. $150 for one session. Buy one a quarter for an entire year of consultation and save.
Suggest a Service
We want to hear what you need. Send us an email to suggest a service you believe we should consider offering in the future.
Suggest an Instructor
Other instructors will be coming on board in the future. We want to know who you want! Send us a note with your suggestions.
Lori Putnam Workshops
If the workshop environment suits you better, take a look at what's coming up. Lori's workshops are increasingly difficult to get in, so grab a spot quickly if you see one.
Free Learning is always available on Lori's Blog.
To be sure that you only receive blog posts, select that option on the subscription form.